Career and Professional Development
The Center for Career & Professional Development at Dillard University serves all
students by offering career advising, career education and opportunities to network
and intern with employers and industry professionals. Students are encouraged to
visit the CCPD at least once a year as you prepare for graduation and your upcoming
- Career Advising: Meet with a career advisor to develop and explore your career goals, and to structure
a plan for pursuing them. The CCPD staff is available to see students by appointment
and on a walk in basis on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. To set up
an appointment, email email@example.com, or call the office at (504) 816-4346.
- Bleu Pride Guide: The Bleu Pride Guide is our online database that assists students with their search
for job and internship opportunities, and acts as an online career center providing
other career development resources. Log-on to upload your resume, register for events,
learn about on-campus recruitment and much more!
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing Skills: Through workshops and 1-on-1 appointments, get help identifying your strengths and
skills, and learn how to present them effectively.
- Graduate School Advising: Want to go to graduate or professional school? You can review web and library resources,
attend workshops, learn about letters of recommendation, get your essays critiqued
and get one-on-one advice and information on preparing for and applying to professional
- Graduate School and Career Fairs: The CCPD offers Dillard students several opportunities to attend job fairs and graduate
school fairs throughout the academic year.
- Personal & Career Assessments: The CCPD provides opportunities for students to further explore their strengths
and interests through internationally recognized assessments such as Strengths Quest,
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and others. Please speak with a CCPD staff member
if you are interested in taking an assessment to further your career exploration.
- Events & Workshops: The CCPD offers a variety of programs throughout the academic year for all students.
Keep up with what’s going on by logging on to the Bleu Pride Guide or following us
on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Bleu Corps Career Ambassador Internship Program: Each year, students are recommended by faculty and staff to participate in an intensive
career development program. The program prepares students for careers in their industries
and certifies students to become a peer career coach.
Center for Career & Professional Development Staff
Carretta Cooke, Director
Clayton Shelvin, Assistant Director
2601 Gentilly Boulevard
Student Union, Suite 260
New Orleans, LA 70122