Click here to watch.
The mission of the School of Mass Communication is to prepare students to be proficient in communicating information and ideas through the utilization of media, to be qualified to hold positions in mass communication, and to gain admission to graduate and professional schools.
Mass Communication is one of the top five majors in the university, featuring three options:
· Multimedia Journalism (combines print and broadcasting) - download the curriculum sheet
· Public Relations - download the curriculum sheet
· Film - download the curriculum sheet
On-campus venues for practical experience:
· The annual New York Times Student Journalism Institute: Each June since 2003, the School of Mass Communication hosts a two-week intensive journalism training opportunity for 24 of the best HBCU students from around the country. It’s taught by top reporters, editors and executives from the New York Times along with DU faculty and others.
· New Orleans Video Access Center (NOVAC): The School of Mass Communication hosts a two-day professional film seminar at DU featuring professionals in the spring.