The place where leadership power is mentored, nurtured, and grown.
Faculty in the Division of Business are committed to developing professionally competent, socially conscious, and ethically aware graduates who meet the challenges of the global business environment. Core values that Dillard faculty strive to instill in their students include: adaptability, ambition, courage and confidence, customer-service, enthusiasm, goal orientation, honesty, integrity and professionalism. To meet this mission, the division adopts seven objectives.
The seven objectives are designed to prepare students for the following:
- Employment or graduate study in their chosen professions
- Successful completion of relevant professional examinations
- Ethical decision-making that contributes to community improvement and leadership
- Competencies in analytical decision-making and undergraduate research
- Competence in the use of information technology
- Effective oral and written communication and persuasive business presentations
- Knowlege and skills required to function effectively in a global society, including demonstrated literacy in a world language or culture.
The Division of Business at Dillard University offers students an opportunity to major in one of six areas: accounting, business management, marketing/MIS, economics and finance, international business, and world language and international finance.
Department of Accounting
Department of Business Management
Department of Marketing/MIS
Department of Economics and Finance
Department of International Business