2013 Dillard University’s Commencement Activities Parking Guide
NOTE: Do not park on Elysian Fields Avenue, in the bicycle lane in front of Dillard University. Cars parked here may be ticketed and towed.
I. Campus Entry Points
A. General Admission guest will enter through the St. Anthony Street/Cook Gate entrance and park in the back of campus behind Dent Hall and near the Tennis courts.
B. VIP, Board of Trustees and Cabinet members will enter through the Main Gate and park in the horseshoe area between the Lawless Chapel and Rosenwald Hall.
C. Graduates and Gentilly Gardens residents will enter the Virgil Blvd. gate and will be allowed to park in the Garden’s parking area, the Gravel parking area and the DUICEF parking spaces.
II. Special Designated Parking Areas
A. Handicap parking will be in the area across from Straight Hall against the fence. This area will be patrolled by a DUPD Officer.
B. Overflow parking will be at the following off-campus locations: Excelth parking lot (50 spaces), the DUAL parking lot (50 spaces) and the Elysian Fields Apts. parking lot (20 spaces). These areas will be patrolled by a DUPD officer and a Sheriff’s Deputy
C. Area behind PSB and Cook Hall will be off limits for parking because of Construction activities and the staging of large construction equipment.
III. Public Safety Operations
A. Barricades will be located at the following areas:
1. Cook Gate (right turn) – prevent cars from entering the construction area.
2. PSB (right turn) – prevent cars from entering the construction area.
3. PSB Warrington Street – prevent cars from entering Duck Pond area and parking on the DUCK Pond road.
4. Library (front) – prevent cars coming in main gate from going pass library.
5. DUICEF Parking spaces – prevent cars coming in Virgil Blvd. from impeding general parking in the rear of campus.
B. EMS will be located on the grass between Howard House and Straight Hall.
C. Public Safety will be using 7-DUPD Officers and 5 Criminal Sheriff’s Deputies for Traffic Control, Parking Control and Event Security.
Shuttle buses will be available to pick up and drop off guests to and from DUALS, Henson Hall, PSB, Elysian Fields and Excelth parking lot.