The mission of the Archives and Special Collections is to support the University in all endeavors of producing a quality educational experience. As the repository for primary documents and artifacts of enduring value to the University, we are to preserve and protect all materials under the archives care and supervision. We are to provide regulated and efficient access to materials for the University community and researchers. To that end, we:
- Select, purchase, organize and maintain a quality archive and special collections
- Anticipate information needs in an increasingly global society
- Build and develop collections and provide access to information resources in support of teaching, research and services
- Ensure the long-term preservation, availability, and access to these resources
- Provide physical environments conducive for study, research, and inquiry
- Encourage, develop, and sustain in its staff the requisite knowledge, skills, commitment and innovative spirit
- ALL patrons requesting service MUST provide institutional or state ID. Failure to provide proper identification will result in denial of archival access
- The use of ink pens or markers is prohibited. A pencil can be provided
- No food or drinks allowed unless properly sealed. Eating, drinking, and gum chewing are prohibited
- Researchers may be required to wear gloves at the archivist's discretion
- Photography is prohibited without permission from the archivist
Hours of Operation
9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
The Archives are available by appointment.
* It is recommended that visitors call or email for an appointment.
Click here to view Dillard University's digital archives.
John Kennedy, Archives and Special Collections Assistant
Archives and Special Collections
Phone: (504) 816-4960
Services and Fees
Photocopies - $.50 per copy
Adobe PDF creation - $1 per ten pages or less
Black and White Photo Reproduction
5x7 - $12
8x10 - $15
11x14 - $20
16x20 - $30
Scanning/Electronic - $15 per image; CD - $5 per image cost
Photographs for Publication Use Fee
Cost per image. One-time publication rights.
Editorial - Non-profit- $25 plus image cost; For-profit - $60 plus image cost
Advertisement - Non-profit - $50 plus image cost; For-profit - $125 plus image cost
Editorial use includes use within books, periodicals, video production, and other published works, including those in electronic format.
Advertising use and other non-editorial uses, includes such uses as on book covers, posters, and brochures. Publication on the Internet or on Local Area Networks (LANs) lacking copy protection is under NO circumstances, permitted.