University Convocation is a listening and learning laboratory for First Year Students. University Convocation provides students the opportunity to hear from peers, faculty, and staff. This weekly activity allows First Year Students an opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of activities and disciplines and to hear from professional speakers occasionally.
This spring our students have covered the following topics:
- Civil Rights: Freedom Songs to Hip Hop
- Viewing of Shellshocked, a Documentary about gun violence in New Orleans
- Mardi Gras Indians as a New Orleans Tradition
- Making Informed & Responsible Choices: Safe Sex Jeopardy
- NOLA for LIFE - Presentation from the Mayor's OFfice on initiatives related to gun violence in the city
- Pesonal Branding: Building Professional Swagger
- Conflict Resolution Breakout Sessions
- Commemoration of the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Midterm Makeovers: Academic Success Workshops