Dillard University's mission is to produce graduates who excel, become world leaders, are broadly educated, culturally aware, and concerned with improving the human condition. Through a highly personalized and learning-centered approach, Dillard's students are able to meet the competitive demands of a diverse, global and technologically advanced society.
The Center for the First-Year Experience is committed to the belief that a new student’s success and academic experience are enhanced when special attention and support are provided ultimately leading to improved student retention.
- - Continuity from recruitment through sophomore retention
- - Connection to DU opportunities
- - Student growth and development
- - Student satisfaction
The mission of the Center for the First-Year Experience is to facilitate a successful transition into Dillard University life for first-year students through the coordination of the following programs:
- - First Year Seminar I & II
- - University Convocation I & II
- - Freshmen Learning Communities
- - Service Learning
- - Academic Success Workshops