Federal School Code: 002004
Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. We recognize that obtaining a higher education represents an important and significant financial commitment for families. To be considered for aid, all students must be admitted to Dillard as a degree seeking student and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA must be completed annually and will be available January 1st of the award year. Priority deadline is March 1st.
Our office has a comprehensive website that provides a wealth of information. Please feel free to browse our site.
- The 2016-2017 FAFSA is available now. Please complete it today at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Prior-Prior Year (PPY): The 2017-2018 FAFSA will be available effective October 1, 2016. Students will be able to compelte the FAFSA earlier than the past years, and they will use the prior-prior tax year. Meaning, when completing the 2017-2018 FAFSA, students/parent will report their 2015 Federal Tax Data on the FAFSA.
Important Information Regarding Financial Aid Awards
- Financial Aid Awards are based on full-time enrollment.
- Financial Aid awards will be adjusted (i.e. reduced) after the fee payment deadline based on regulatory policies for students enrolled less than full-time.
- Student loan recipients must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible (excluding audit hours). Federal Loans will be canceled for student enrolled in hours below half-time.
- All enrolled courses must count toward your degree.
- TOPS, Scholarship, Fee Exemption, Waiver, Special Award recipients must refer to their requirements (i.e., rules & regulations) for eligibility/enrollment criteria. Institutional Aid will be adjusted as a result of a student’s one or all of these awards.
- Federal Student Aid recipients who withdraw (resign) from the University will be subject to Return to Title IV (R2T4) calculations. Calculations was be performed on withdrawals during the entire semester; however, withdrawal dates up to the 60% point of the semester will be subject to funds being returned to the Government. Please review policy listed under the Consumer Information tab.
Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
2601 Gentilly Blvd
Rosenwald Hall Room 126
New Orleans, LA 70122
Toll Free: 800.216.8094
Monday- Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Check Your Financial Aid Status at myDU
Check out our Outside Scholarships page for the latest Scholarship information
Visit Dillard's Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships on Facebook!
Visit Dillard's Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships on Twitter!