Bursar's Office Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the easiest way to make payments to the Dillard Online Payment Service?
- Complete the Secure Payment Gateway Form located here.
What forms of payment are acceptable?
Mail payments to:
- We accept U.S. currency, checks, & all major credit cards. Electronic payments from your checking and savings accounts are also acceptable.
2601 Gentilly Boulevard
Rosenwald Hall, Room 106
New Orleans, LA 70122
Please mail payments at least seven days prior to the due date. Make all checks payable to Dillard University.
Can books and supplies be charged to my student account?
When can the student or family expect to receive bills from the college?
- Upon the Financial Aid award amount being applied to the students’ account, a book voucher will be issued if additional funds are available.
If the bill is not paid by the deadline, what are the penalties?
- Transcripts, final grades, and early registration will not be available to the student. Additionally, their account will be referred to a third party collection agency.
How do I get a refund?
- If your financial aid exceeds the billed charges, a refund will then be issued to the student within 14 days of a credit balance.
Will my parent loan refund be issued to the student or parent?
- All refunds generated from Parent Loans are issued directly to the parent.
Will my refund be mailed or do I have to pick it up?
Does the parent have to be with the student at registration and fee payment?
- Refunds will be applied to each student’s Direct PayCard. Cards can be picked up at the Cashier’s window in Rosenwald Hall. Generally, refunds are issued bi-weekly on Fridays.
I have received a 1098-T form, what is this form used for?
- No. As long as you have confirmed the amount that is due at registration, you do not have to be with the student to register. Most of the registration processes may be done online via our Web site at www.dillard.edu.
- The 1098 form is a tuition statement issued to students and the IRS at the beginning of each year.