Lynda Roberson Louis, Ph.D.
|Click here to change font size:
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Computer Science – Information Systems
Dent Hall, Room 144
Office Telephone Number:
- Computer Concepts and Applications
- Computer Science Seminar/Internship I and II
- Java and Web Site Development
Research and/or Teaching Interests:
- Information Technology Outsourcing
- End User Computing and End User Support
- Human Side of IT
- Human Computer Interactions
- Information Resource Management
- Network Management
- Institutional Research and Assessments
- Academic Computing Committee, 2008 Dillard University
- Natural Sciences and Public Health Division Website Committee - chair, Dillard University
- Staff Senate Organizing Committee, 2007-08, Southern University at Baton Rouge
- Computer Science Curriculum Committee, 2003-05, Xavier University
- University Technology Taskforce, 2005, Xavier University
- Information Resource Management Association (IRMA)
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)
- Informing Science Institute
- Louisiana Association of Institutional Research (LAIR)
- Ad-Hoc Reviewer and Associate Editor for the Journal of Cases on Information Technology, IDEA Group Publishing, 2004-2008.
- Member of the International Editorial Review Board for the International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Education, IDEA Group Publishing, 2004-2008.
- Louis, L. R. (2006). Technical Issues Facing Work Groups, Teams, and Knowledge Networks in Terms of Communities of Practice, in Encyclopedia of Communities of Practice, Elayne Coakes and Steve Clarke, Eds., pp. 532-536. Idea-Group Publishers, Hershey, PA.
- Louis, L. R. (2005). Employee Perceptions of Outsourcing of Information Technology Operations: An Empirical Investigation, in Issues of Human Computer Interaction, Dr. Anabela Sarmento, ed., pp. 152-177. Idea-Group Publishers: Hershey, PA.
- Louis, L. R. (2003). “An Empirical Investigation of Employee Perceptions of Outsourcing Success of Information Technology Operations.” A paper published in the Conference Proceedings of and presented at the 2003 IRMA International Conference, Philadelphia, PA: May 2003.
- In Progress
Distinguished Contributing Author to Lexicon of Online and Distance Education, Tomei, L., Ed. Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group: Lanham, MD. To be published 2009.
Selected Presentations/Conferences Attended:
- Scantron Class Climate Seminar, New Orleans, LA, 2007.
- NSSE Workshop on Analysis using SPSS, Reno, NV, 2007.
- SACS Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, 2007.
- Louisiana Association of Institutional Research Conference, New Orleans, LA, 2007.
- Microsoft Academic Alliance Conference, Toronto, Canada, 2005.
- Microsoft Academic Alliance Developers Workshop, Orlando, FL, 2005.
- IRMA International Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2003.
- External evaluator (2007, 2008) for the NSF Grantwriting Workshop – grant with Southern University at Baton Rouge’s College of Engineering, Dr. Patrick Carriere, PI.
- External researcher/evaluator (2007, 2008) for the Southern University at Baton Rouge/East Baton Rouge Parish School System Gates/Marshall School Reform Partnership with Capitol Pre-College Academies, Dr. Gussie Trahan, PI; Dr. Ivory Toldson, Co-PI.
First Lady Michelle Obama to Deliver Commencement Address at Dillard Saturday, May 10