Dillard University offers diverse majors in four colleges:
• College of General Studies
• College of Arts and Sciences
• School of Nursing
• College of Business
To contact individuals at specific colleges, please visit our Department Heads page, or see our faculty and staff directories.
Dillard’s experienced and respected faculty creates a rich learning environment, preparing students for a bright and successful future. Below are the majors offered by Dillard University. Discover the possibilities of a Dillard education.
College of General Studies
The College of General Studies is a two-year gateway program for all incoming freshmen. It contains a number of high-impact activities designed to enhance preparation for majors, increase graduation rates, and foster a greater sense of community through a common experience. After completing the General Education Core Curriculum, students transition into their majors for their junior and senior years.
The College of General Studies sponsors a variety of programs, including learning communities, undergraduate research, community service and service learning, and the First Year Seminar. The General Education Core Curriculum features courses in world languages, African world studies, English, the social sciences, mathematics, physical education, social/behavioral sciences, and the natural sciences.
The College of General Studies is proud to announce Continuing Education Programs at Dillard University for non-traditional students.
Read more about Continuing Education!
College of Arts and Sciences
School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM):
• Biology (dual degree programs with partner universities)
• Physics (with options for 3-2 dual Engineering degree; with minor in Math, or Computer Science)
• Computer Science (with options in Computer Information Systems, or Scientific Technology)
• Visual Arts
• Music (with options in Music Industry, Voice Performance, or Instrumental Performance)
• Theatre (with options in Performance, or Technology)
• Minors in: Spanish, French
• Mass Communication (with options in Print, Broadcast Journalism, Public Relations, Recording Arts, and Film)
• Political Science
• Sociology (with options in Criminal Justice, or Social Work)
• Urban Studies and Public Policy (dual master's degree program with University of New Orleans)
School of Public Health:
• Public Health (with tracks in Health Systems Management, Community Health, and Health Sciences)
College of Business
College of Business:
• Accounting & Financial Economics
• Business Management
School of Nursing
School of Nursing:
• Nursing (with tracks in Pre-Nursing, Traditional Registered Nurse, and License Practitioner Nurse)
After consulting with their academic advisers, students are expected to identify a major by the end of their first year and to complete a Declaration of Major form for recording in the Registrar’s office. A major consists of 36-42 hours of course credit hours, as determined by the school. No grade below “C” is allowed in any course in the major.
Students may petition for permission to double major through their academic advisors in each major. The petition must be approved by the deans for each department and by the Office of Academic Affairs. The double major calls for completion of requirements, cognate and major, in each discipline. Students who complete the second major within the same degree program (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Nursing) will have both majors recorded on their transcript; however, only one diploma will be issued.