Waterway Alliance for Training and Environmental Research
For Sophomores and Juniors of All Majors
- Audubon Riverboat ride up the Mississippi River Basin;
- A Hypothetical Restoration of the city of New Orleans using Google Sketchup;
- Growing three species of plants in the presence of collected contaminated soil;
- Set up several weather stations (assisted by meteorologist Damien Singleton);
- Visits: City Hall (Population Growth, City Planning, Recreation and Census 2010 Commercial
and Residential zoning) Agriculture Street Superfund sites, Bayou Bonfuca, and Remediation
- Catalog of the impact of mineral oil extraction on wildlife preserve, two-day visit
to Dauphin Island (Mobile, AL) and one-day visit to Grand Isle (Grand Isle, LA);
- Explore: Environmental Ethics, Climate, Global Warming, Micro-Climate, Wildlife Habitats,
Seafood Industry and much more.
HAVE FUN WHILE YOU LEARN!!