Font Smaller Font Bigger Font Normal Font Size

Bursar's Office Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I see my account detail online?

  • and select menu and scroll to myDU

What’s the easiest way to make payments to the Dillard Online Payment Service?

  • On the main page, click on the link that says "Make a Payment"

What forms of payment are acceptable?

  • All major credit cards, checks, money orders or cash. Make sure to write your name and school id on any checks or money orders.  
Mail payments to:
Dillard University
Bursar’s Office
2601 Gentilly Boulevard
Rosenwald Hall, Room 106
New Orleans, LA 70122

Please mail payments at least seven days prior to the due date. Make all checks payable to Dillard University.

Can I make a payment over the phone?

  • No, we do not accept payments over the phone.

Do you accept post-dated checks?

  • No, we submit checks for payment upon receipt.

What is fiscal clearance?

  • Fiscal clearance is the Bursar's office verifying that you have enough aid for the semester via financial aid, payments or a payment plan.

Do I have to have a meal plan?

  • Yes, if you are a boarding student.  If you have specific dietary needs, please contact the Office of Residential Life at 504-816-4734.

Who can I contact for questions about my account?

  • Mrs. Anitra Johnson, email:  aljohnson or call 504-816-4654
  • Mrs. Rhonda Creighton, email:  rcreighton or call 504-816-4601

Can books and supplies be charged to my student account?

  • Upon the Financial Aid award amount being applied to the students’ account, a book voucher can be requested if additional funds are available.

When can the student or family expect to receive bills from the college?

  • Bills are available on myDU by the following dates:
    • July 1st - Fall
    • December 20th - Spring

If the bill is not paid by the deadline, what are the penalties?

  • Transcripts, final grades, and early registration will not be available to the student. Additionally, their account will be referred to a third party collection agency.

How do I get a refund?

  • If your financial aid exceeds the billed charges, a refund will then be issued to the student within 14 days of a credit balance.

Will my parent loan refund be issued to the student or parent?

  • All refunds generated from Parent Loans are issued directly to the parent unless requested otherwise

Will my refund be mailed or do I have to pick it up?

  • Refunds are mailed out or deposited as an ACH. 

I have received a 1098-T form, what is this form used for?

  • As required by IRS, this form is made available via myDU each year in the month of January which is an IRS form to all students who have qualified tuition and other related educational expenses during the previous calendar year. 
  • Dillard University does not offer personal tax advise and recommends seeking professional tax counsel for filing your tax return.


2601 Gentilly Boulevard
New Orleans, Louisiana 70122

Dillard University Seal