Dillard University Computer Science
A degree in computer science from Dillard equips you with a deep understanding of theories and emerging technologies, opening doors to a multitude of exciting career opportunities in data-driven and digital-driven industries.
The mission of the program in computer science is to provide you with knowledge of the design, modeling, analysis, and applications of computer-related systems. Our goal is to empower you with a deep knowledge of the core principles of computer science and explore how computers can be used to solve real-world problems.
The program offers you the opportunity to study and explore:
- computer system architecture
- network modeling and analysis
- programming languages and systems
- artificial intelligence
- computer science theory
- database management
- systems analysis and design
- web site design and development
- scientific computing.
The program prepares students for graduate school or for career opportunities in:
- Private industry
- public or governmental sectors
- The global marketplace
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand and apply the principles of computer science.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Demonstrate proficiency in data structures, algorithm design and research methodologies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of elements of computer hardware, architecture, software, programming languages, operating systems, data communications, database management, and systems analysis and design.
Louisiana Alliance for Minority Participation, a program designed to increase the quality and number of minority students receiving bachelor’s degrees in STEM–science, technology, engineering and math.
Visit the Dillard University School of Stem to learn more.