Dillard University Records and Registration

The Dillard University Office of Records and Registration is dedicated to maintaining the academic records for each student and alumnus. Our services include assisting with:

  • Adding or dropping of classes
  • Processing transcript requests
  • Providing enrollment and degree verifications
  • Handling Veteran Affairs for military personnel and their dependents

To access all forms visit:
Dillard University Records & Registration Forms

Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act

Dillard University students have specific rights and privileges regarding the maintenance, release, and disposal of their personal information records under FERPA.

  • The University may not disclose personally identifiable information about students nor permit inspection of their records without written permission, unless covered by certain exceptions permitted by FERPA.
  • The University may release information to school officials and certain federal, state, and local government agencies without prior written consent.
  • Students must be provided with access to their educational records.

Find more information on FERPA 

Transcript Request, Enrollment Verification, or Degree Verification

Official Transcript Request

If you need to send an official transcript to another school or for a job application, Dillard University processes all transcript requests through Parchment. This secure platform allows current and former students to order transcripts 24/7.

Unofficial Transcript

  • Currently enrolled students can review and print their unofficial transcripts via their myDU account.
  • Alumni can send a request to Registrar@dillard.edu.

Enrollment Verification or Degree Verification

To verify current enrollment at Dillard University or confirm that you have received a degree from Dillard, complete the Enrollment Verification Form and submit to Registar@dillard.edu.

Requesting Duplicate Diploma

To request a Duplicate Diploma, complete the Duplicate Degree Form and submit to Registar@dillard.edu.


Find, Add, Drop, or Withdraw from Courses

To view current course offerings, use the Course Search function on myDU.

To view Add/Drop or Withdrawal dates, see the Academic Calendar.

  • Adding/Dropping Courses: During open registration dates, students can drop courses via Online Web Registration. After these dates, a drop course form and fee are required. 
  • Withdrawing from Courses: If a student needs to drop a course after the final drop date,  the student must withdraw to avoid receiving an (F). 
  • Course Load: Normally,  students can register for up to 18 credit hours per semester. Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above may register for up to 21 credit hours by completing a course overload form, available in the Office of Records & Registration, and securing the necessary signatures.

Official Withdrawal
: To discontinue coursework before the end of a semester, students must complete an Official Withdrawal Form in a timely manner and provide a valid reason. If not, a grade of (F) will be submitted for all courses in which the student is registered. Students must Ensure all accounts with the Office of Business & Finance are settled, and return all university identification cards,  dormitory, and mailbox keys.  See Academic Calendar for dates.

To access all forms visit: Records & Registration Forms

Please contact us at (504) 816-4705 and/or Registrar@dillard.edu if you need further

Dillard University will be closed on Wednesday, June 19, in observance of Juneteenth and will reopen on Thursday, June 20, at 8 a.m.