Urban Water Management
Dillard’s Urban Water Management Certificate presents a unique opportunity for students to address the critical need for water management in municipalities throughout the world. The certificate opens students up to high-paying careers in water resource, water works, waste water treatment and more. The program trains students for jobs in government agencies and private industry.
Students will learn to handle issues such as: flooding from hurricanes, stormwater management and sinking land caused by subsidence as well as more mundane issues such as providing clean, safe water to residents.
This is the first and only program of its kind in the State of Louisiana.
Students can earn a certificate in Urban Water Management by completing two required courses and two electives.
1. URB 301 – Intro to Urban Water Management
2. URB 420 – Urban Water Management Seminar
Choose two electives:
1. URB 335 – Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
2. URB 206 – City and Metropolitan Planning
3. URB 412 – Urban Land Use Policy